Thursday, July 30, 2009

Saquish

Stacy spent the second week of July with our landlord's family in a cottage on Saquish beach in Massachusetts. To get to the remote cottage, we had to drive along the beach for 7 miles. Below is a picture of "Main Street."

This adorable cottage was exactly what you would picture along the ocean, isn't it?
When I say remote, I mean remote. The cottage had no electricity or running water. The "toilet" aka 5-gallon bucket is located just through the door on the right. A week spent here would help anyone appreciate the luxury of running water!

This private stretch of beach is where we would spend our days. I don't know how we managed it, but it was sunny and in the 80's (with a breeze) all week long. It was about as close to perfect as I could imagine.

Gilman's favorite activity was playing in the sand...

...while Max preferred to relax the rock he claimed as his own many years ago. The locals refer to it as "Elephant Rock."

In sharp contrast to the the front beach is the back beach. We took a nice long walk at sunset one evening along it. The view was incredible.

Despite the lack of electricity, toilet or shower, I could have easily spent another week there. Saquish is truly a magical place!

1 comment:

Brian and Melissa said...

The sunset picture is gorgeous. Looks like you had a great trip and a beautiful setting. Glad you had a good time.