Patience does pay off. Since graduating college, Stacy always wanted to work in the field of HIV prevention. With few such positions in Maine, Stacy resigned that it wasn't meant to be and put herself behind assisting those with autism. Then, about a month ago, there was a job posting in the Bangor Daily News for an HIV/AIDS Outreach Educator. Stacy applied and now, the job is hers! She absolutely loves it, and actually is excited to go to work each day. This past Sunday, her employer, Down East AIDS Network, sponsored an AIDS walk to benefit the agency. Here, she poses with her work supplies...
lots of condoms!
lots of condoms!
She is extremely proud of her very own office. While she is still in the process of making it her own, she has had time to spruce it up a little bit with plants and photos. Her first addition to the office? A recycling bin for each staff member!
4 comments:
awesome! so proud of you stacy!
We're so proud of you Stacy! Nice office too. (I especially love the recycle bin addition!! Hope your colleague's embrace the change!)
I think it's so awesome that you're making a very real & positive impact every day through your job - what a great gig. Keep up the great work!
Love
M
Congratulations! Nice office - your chair is nicer than mine and you even get a couch! :) It means a lot to have a job that you love to go to every day - I'm so happy that you have that. Dad and I are very proud of you. Love, Mom
We are so proud of you Stacy!!!! I know it is what you have always wanted to do.
We miss you!!
Cindy
Post a Comment